How can I download ebooks from ebrary?
You can download up to 10 books for 2 weeks. You can use any device that supports Adobe Digital Editions. This means Android and Apple devices and many e-ink ereaders. The Kindle does not work with Adobe Digital Editions.
Ebrary uses PDF files. This makes the books from ebrary difficult to read on smartphones. These ebooks will work best with e-ink devices and tablets like the iPad
To get started you will need
A valid CNA-Q Staff or Student ID and Password
An Adobe Account to authorize your ereader(Set up an Adobe Account)
A compatible e-reader device. This includes all Android tablets (download Aldiko or Bluefire) and the iPad (download Bluefire) If you need to figure out if your device is compatible, you can check this list from Adobe.
Adobe Digital Editions software on your computer if you have an e-ink device.
- On your computer, go to the Library Homepage and open 'eJournals and Databases'
- Select 'ebrary' from the eBooks box on the right hand side
- You will be asked to log in to ebrary using your College username and password
- You will be able to see that you are logged in. You should see "Signed in as: cna_[College ID]
- Once you've found a book, you will see an entry like this. Click the 'Download' link
- You will see a confirmation screen. Choose the 'Special Format' option.
- You will download an ACSM file. THIS IS NOT YOUR EBOOK